Tuesday, June 24, 2014

once upon a time...

there was a girl.
and she had a blog.
and it was oh, so neglected.

if you haven't guessed it yet,
that girl is me and that blog is here.

I kind of doubt anyone stumbles across this little URL anymore, but I'm here tonight.  I'm not committing to anything, but I do miss having a place to put down my thoughts... maybe I'll pop in a little more often.

My father-in-law is back in Rwanda right now and it's got me so homesick.  I'm updating some social media for him and it's just about to pull my heart right out of my chest.

Honestly, I have never been more content- in my job, my marriage, our life circumstances.  And yet there's this lingering discontent- an urge for adventure and culture, a longing to be uncomfortable.

I suppose that's normal.  We're all longing for more in some area or another, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think it goes back to the surviving or thriving thing.  God calls us to contentment, but not to complacency.  We were created for big things- both in our contentment and our discontent.

The beauty is that He works in both.  He never stops giving us opportunities to follow Him, serve Him, glorify Him.  It's about taking life one day at a time, season by season, and embracing what He is doing in the now.

It's been a while since I've put my thoughts into words and I don't know where all this rambling is going.  Maybe it's a good thing that this blog is so neglected b/c I don't know if anyone could (or would want to) follow this string of thoughts.


It's a crazy thing, this life.

3 comments:

  1. I've missed your thoughts, and I understand what you mean completely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see your blog pop up on my reader friend. I took a big break and came back to a fresh blog to get me back in the groove. I would love a life update. I signed up for a 5K in August and it made me wonder about how things had been going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Seriously. Your comments make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...